The perfect mornings
Oh, mornings. You either love them or you hate them. We often struggle between “les grasses matinées” (french sleepy mornings) and active, productive mornings. The beauty of mornings is that they’re the perfect time to nurture the plans for the day, visualize your activities and align your mindset to achieve your goals. It is just a great way to have a moment to yourself, enjoy your tea and have a delicious breakfast. Perfect mornings include some exercises, especially stretching techniques to prepare your muscles and mind for the entire day.
- Here are some benefits of morning workouts:
- Enhance your metabolism and burns more calories
- Engaging in morning workouts is your all-natural cup of coffee which boost your mental and physical energy
- Improve focus and mental abilities
- Help you develop a strong self-discipline
You only need a soft mat or a carpeted floor. Remember the principle of beginning small and slow and building the exercise routine progressively. Therefore, these exercises are designed to provide some loosening tools for you to use in the morning, enabling you to de-stress your body and start obtaining the wanted results in short time.
These exercises should not be painful, but leave you with a pleasant feeling. If they do hurt, please stop. Re-assess your position or speed and see if anything changes. Be aware of your feelings and perception during exercise. Initially, focus on keeping your breath flowing and your neck and shoulders relaxed throughout the movement. Try taking one exercise and perform the movement precisely. If it’s difficult, go back and try again. You will be stronger for the next attempt.
- Sitting upright, turn your palms away from you, round your back and take a deep breath. Exhale, and push your hands forward, increasing the stretch. If you are comfortable, repeat 10 times.
- Place your hands behind your head. Inhale and float your head and rotate to the right, stretch and exhale. Repeat to the left. If you are comfortable, repeat 10 times.
- Lie on your back, bring your legs to your stomach, keep this position for 10 seconds. Then, bring each knee and extend the other leg. If you are comfortable, repeat 10 times.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, arm out of the sides. Put your knees gently to the left and after to the right. The head goes in the opposite direction. If you are comfortable, repeat 10 times.
- Lie down on your back, extend one leg and draw into your chest for a count of 5. You can continue by drawing an imaginary circle for 5 times. Repeat with the other leg.
- Finally, lay back on your heels, relax your body and let your forehead touch the ground. Relax for a few moments and then start your beautiful day.
Cautions: Do not do these exercises if you feel pain or other symptomatology.